Van Patten Media Inc., a leading developer of custom WordPress websites, plugins, and web applications, is hiring a freelance WordPress & WooCommerce developer to help build amazing eCommerce experiences and integrations for our clients.
- Must own a recent Mac or *NIX machine
- Advanced familiarity with WordPress and WooCommerce
- Solid English (native-level is not required)
- Comfort with the command line
- Intermediate Git experience (committing/pushing, branching and merging, etc.)
- Familiarity with Asana and Google Docs
- 10+ available hours per week
- Rock-solid understanding of modern PHP fundamentals, including object-oriented programming, dependency management and injection, data sanitisation and validation, etc.
Additionally, the following would be “nice to have”:
- Familiarity with automated testing (TDD and BDD)
- Comfortable using modern front-end tooling
- Experience developing WordPress plugins
- Regularly contribute to WordPress and/or WooCommerce core, or other open source projects
You will primarily work on WooCommerce-based projects, but there may be other WordPress projects depending on your interest level and availability.
Van Patten Media Inc. is an entirely remote team based in countries around the world.
Please contact us via email (email@example.com) with a description of your qualifications, a link to a GitHub profile (or other open source code), and your hourly rate.